Display & Exhibition Space
Khazar University Library & Information Center has embarked on a great new initiative that will support the social, cultural, and intellectual life of the University and the wider community. We encourage all Academic and Administrative & Service Units, as well as community groups, to make use of display spaces and facilities at all LIC libraries. Open to the public during library hours, the exhibition space and interactive displays of local interest curated or selected by the LIC.
Display & Exhibition Policy
LIC mounts exhibits and displays for the purpose of:
- Promoting specific Library collections, services, resources or achievements;
- Showcasing and promoting Khazar University learning, teaching and research;
- Linking to national or local events, for example, Novruz Holiday, 28 May-Republic Day of Azerbaijan;
- Collaboratively working with other local cultural centers of Khazar University;
- Contributing to community engagement and collaboration and awareness of the Library as a significant cultural division in Khazar University;
- Attracting new visitors to the Library These purposes also apply to online displays and exhibits of the Library's digitised images, items and supporting text, accessible via the Internet.
We encourage students, faculty, staff and alumni to be active participants in the library space by submitting their ideas for library exhibitions and space interventions.
- provide students, staff, and faculty with opportunities to engage with the library by showcasing artwork that relates to the library;
- host exhibitions that showcase the collections and space in a meaningful way.
- engage with the library space in a respectful way. Preference will be given to topics concerning libraries, information, archival studies, book arts, etc.;
- not compromise the daily activities of the library;
- not rearrange, relocate of hide any materials or equipment from the library collection.