Start Date: 2016
Duration: 36 months
Brief Information & Main Objectives: The general aim of the project: strengthening interregional integration and cooperation through the development of reliable joint tools to strengthen the international dimension of higher education systems and their compatibility between the four regions and the EHEA; support the modernization, accessibility and internationalization of 24 PC Universities from 8 countries belonging to 4 different regions.
1.To share the knowledge of the credit system used in each partner country, to analyze the actual meaning “credit” in each partner institution and to develop common language for the definition of “Learning Outcome” and “Workload”.
2. To share information on if and how the ECTS are applied and used in the partner countries.
3. To enhance the human resource capacity in planning, delivering and evaluating degree courses through specific 1 week retraining of 111 staff in Europe.
4. To implement concrete pilot examples in some degree courses developed in the framework of previous joint projects.
5.To analyze the grade system in each country and in each Partner institutions and provide a concrete comparison in the selected degree courses.
6. To collect data on credits recognition and grade transfer within the project in 4 regions.
7. To provide a table with percentage of students’ performances in the last 3 years in at least 5 fields of study among the pilot courses.
8. To establish a Quality Plan for the assessment of activities and results of the project and conduct periodical evaluations.
9. To establish follow up actions in cooperation with EU universities by signing bilateral agreements in view of “Credit Mobility” program calls and inter-institutional cooperation.
10. To establish and apply appropriate dissemination strategies and tools of results, actions and documents to staff of other regional universities, to local authorities and to Ministries of Education, throughout the whole project.
Project Coordinator: University of L’Aquila, Italy
Phone: +994 (12) 421 79 16/ ext 249