Khazar University Open Access Policy
Khazar University guarantees each user’s rights regardless of skin color, sex, language, political or religious beliefs or origins to free access to resources and open public access to information technology at any time and any place through a variety of ways, including trainings for all group of patrons..
As university authors at Khazar University, we commit to share the products of our work with the broadest possible audience. To do so, we agree to archive and disseminate the scholarly articles by depositing these with the University.
To facilitate the archiving of our work, we grant Khazar University the non-exclusive permission to archive, preserve, reproduce and openly disseminate, in any medium, all scholarly articles authored by us, provided that the articles are properly attributed to the authors, and that it is done for non-commercial purposes.
This policy is aspirational and intended to encourage open access to scholarly work. While the Khazar University expects authors to participate, no University sanctions will result from failure to comply. This policy is to be read and interpreted in a manner consistent with University policies related to academic freedom and intellectual property.
Khazar University OA policy supports a mixed green and gold model of open access.
All research papers (including journal articles, conference proceedings, book chapters and similar material), where copyright allows, should be made available in an open access form upon publication.
All academic staff and graduate students are required to make their research outputs open access wherever possible through the Khazar University Institutional Repository (KUIR): The repository has the Khazar University standing behind it to ensure its availability, longevity, and functionality.
- All research papers including journal articles, conference proceedings, book chapters and similar material, either in the form of the author's final manuscript or the formally-published version, where copyright allows, should be deposited in KUIR upon acceptance for publication or as soon as possible thereafter.
- Where it is not possible to deposit an open access version of the full-text of the paper, a record of the publication should be created in the repository with a link to an externally held version.
- Where external funding is available to meet the costs of open access article processing charges, researchers should take advantage of opportunities to publish their work with immediate open access upon publication.
You can achieve compliance with the policy through two routes:
- Green OA. The journal must allow deposit of author accepted manuscripts which include all changes resulting from peer review, without restrictions on non-commercial re-use.
- Gold OA. The journal must allow your work to be licensed as CC BY. Please note that we prioritise funding for papers with Khazar University lead or corresponding authors, although we will consider other request.
Khazar University Open Access License
- Gives authors permission to make their work open access without the difficulty or uncertainty of negotiating with publishers;
- Enables the Khazar University to help authors make their works open access;
- Preserves author freedom to publish in the journals of their choice;
- Preserves author freedom to decide for or against open access for each publication;
- Enhances author rights to reuse their work, and gives authors more nonexclusive rights over their own work than standard, or even progressive, publishing contracts.
Some examples what Khazar University will do with the articles covered by its license:
- Availability in KUIR. Khazar University has set up an open-access repository called KUIR to distribute the scholarly articles deposited by university researchers.
- Creation of derivative works. Khazar University may use derivative work rights to include articles in a collection or database, to change document formats, to prepare abridgments, or to create other derivative works that we cannot currently foresee. Khazar University will not authorize derivative works without the author's permission.
- Non-commercial distribution. Khazar University may further allow others to distribute content in KUIR provided that the articles are not sold for profit. For instance, faculty at other institutions could be given permission to make copies for free distribution directly to their students.
- Instructional purposes. Khazar University open-access license grants University the right to license articles for free use in a course pack, so long as the course pack is not sold for profit.
- Harvesting The license allows Khazar University to enable the articles to be harvested and indexed by search services, such as Google Scholar, and to be used to provide other value-added services that don't involve selling the articles themselves for a profit.
Open Access Library Support
Khazar University Library & Information Center supports this policy in a variety of ways:
- Searching for selected open access publications and initiatives that:
- Support a wide range of collection-related initiatives designed to increase the availability of scholarly research materials to the global community.
- Funding for published articles in journals with high impact-factor.
- KUIR a repository for the scholarly output of researchers at Khazar University. It promotes dissemination of their work, and preserves it in a freely-accessible, long-term archive. KUIR allows researchers and other interested readers anywhere in the world to learn about and keep up to date with Khazar University scholarship.
- Preservation, digitization, and transmission of Khazar University museum, library, and archival public domain collections for Khazar University students, faculty, and the general public.
- Consultation services on issues of scholarly communication and copyright.
This work, the Khazar University website, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License unless otherwise noted.